WELCOME
to
A Rita Marie Shabby Cottage Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

A BEFORE PHOTO OF A VINTAGE CABINET MADE INTO A SECRET CHALK BOARD

I said I would have a photo today of the before of an item just before I make it over to offer up for sale. This is the vintage kitchen cabinet that is now a secret chalk board. Yes, I forgot and painted it before showing it to you. But, I can promise you it was quite unsightly with nothing behind the door but spider webs and dirt...Ugh you say. Well, we do have to sometimes dig in the most unique places to find these treasures to re-purpose for our buyers homes. Before I do anything to a piece, it is scrubbed down, so it comes to you clean. The paint would not adhere if it was not clean. It is also sanded, primed, and then it is painted. This one I am not quite finished with yet. I am going to put a knob on the door, and I will either add an applique to the top or paint roses on that part. This sweetie is going to be priced at a very modest 39.95. It will have sawtooth hangers on the back. you see this and are interested before I finish it to put it in my shop, contact me. Join my mailing list and send me a comment about your wish to purchase, and it will be yours.

No comments: