WELCOME
to
A Rita Marie Shabby Cottage Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Well, I didn't get a new photo on here today of a before item, but I will have one tomorrow of a very vintage sewing seat with storage in its before stages. I already have the old fabric and padding off, but at least there will be some sort of before and after.

I will put this in my store this week,www.ARitaMarieShabbyCottage.com. I didn't shabby it, but I do offer distressing at no additional charge and also I will paint most items of choice on my items if you would like hand painting. If you love an item, but you want it another color, all you need do is ask. Small priming, painting fee.


I would love to come up with some of the most unique decorating tips, but hopefully those of you who need and want them are happy with the simpler things. My home is not a shabby chic showcase, rather an old world look, although I am now working on one room, although a small one, for a shabby chic background for my photos. You can imagine what cottage furniture and decor looks like with the photo taken in an old world decor! Right! Simply horrid.

My decorating tip for the day ..If you have a small home, apartment, cottage, paint all rooms the same color. Change the shade to designate the different areas, but in keeping with the same color, you create a feeling of more space. If you have a larger home, choose one accent color to carry throughout your home regardless of the colors you choose to use. This will also create a flow from room-to-room.

No comments: